I wanted to share some wonderful news, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Brendon The Smiling Chef. If you have the chance, check out his blog to see all his yummy recipes he has been making – they are mouth watering!
I will now list new blogs that I find inspirational and love to read.
- CL Mannarino
- David Allsop Classics
- Graeco Muse
- Inside My Worlds: R.L. Sharpe
- Life. Family. Magic.
- Paul Gauchi
- Rebecca Lochlann
- Ritaroberts’s Blog
- Steven Sklifas
- Writing Historical Novels
- Nominees must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator (see below).
- Nominee must nominate 10 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Nominees must create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer (see below, I will ask my nominees the same).
- Visit the nominees’ blogs and notify them about the nomination.
Liebster Q & A:
1. What do you love about blogging? To write what I like, to brand myself as a writer, and to connect with other individuals with the same interests.
2. Sweet or Savory? I think I’m a mix of both, I love my Cadbury chocolate, but then I like my traditional Greek food.
3. Who do you hope to reach through your blog? People interested in Creative Writing and Ancient History. I have been working on my blog to brand myself as a Historical Fiction writer, a YA Fiction writer, and a Poetess writing about Greek Diaspora and Australian-Greek identity. My blog is a portfolio of my work, and my website.
4. Who do you admire and why? Melina Marchetta – she said that she left school at the age of fifteen because she was not confident in her academic ability – but look at her now! She is a teacher and a writer! She is doing what she is passionate about. My academic ability was questioned when I wanted to do Extension English in Year 11, and look at me now, I’m striving for what I want to become, a writer. People can give you their opinions, but at the end of the day, you know yourself, and you know what you want out of life, and what you are capable of.
5. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be and why? This is a hard one, because truth be told, I would not want to trade lives with anyone, I am happy with who I am, and the stage I am at with my writing, and what I am writing about, but if I could – perhaps, J.K. Rowling?
6. Where do you dream of travelling? ITALY & GREECE! I want to go to Pompeii and Herculaneum, oh, and Sicily! And I know I have been to Greece twice, but there is so much more to see! I do not think all of the ancient ruins look the same, each ancient site has its own story to tell. Oh, and Egypt!
7. What’s #1 on your bucket list? Can I list two? To become a published novelist, and to go on an archaeological dig.
8. How long have you been blogging? Since the 6th of December 2012, so just over a year.
9. What is your favourite post you’ve written and why? You’re killing me, do you know that? All of the posts I write are my favourite, that’s why I write them. But perhaps, all of my Greek Holiday 2013 Posts, where I documented my travels around Greece this year.
10. What is your favourite quote? I have so many:
Love is all we have; the only way that each can help the other.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus; Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon.
–J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter
Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.
– J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
– Thomas Haynes Bayly, Isle of Beauty
– The Lost Boys, Hook